Thursday, February 20, 2014

Diadora Gamma Carbonio Soccer Shinguards - model 145964


Feel: Let me start off by telling you that I normally wear the smallest, thinnest shinguards I can find, so when I saw the Gamma Carbonios in person, I laughed. Reading the specs on it, I was kind of curious so I decided to put them to the test. The first thing I did was hit them as hard as I could against a cement pillar. Don't ask why, it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. The good news is that nothing happened to the guard. The next step was to actually try them on. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference in length between the two sizes, so really the only issue is now thick your calf is. If you're legs are on the thicker side, go with the Larges. Despite their hefty protection, these things are extremely light and hardly noticeable once you get them on. Since they don't have any straps or sleeves to hold them in place, a good tight sock does the trick. I can't imagine myself wearing these all the time because I really don't need that much protection, but for those of you coming off a serious leg injury or notice your legs take a beating during games, this will be the best investment you will ever make in soccer.

Performance: I don't want to call these things indestructible because I'm sure if you ran over them with a tank, you might scratch them, but this is about as good as you will get in protection, performance and comfort.

Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment